Johannesburg, South Africa’s biggest city and capital of Gauteng province, began as a 19th-century gold-mining settlement. Its sprawling Soweto township was once home to Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu. Mandela’s former residence is now the Mandela House museum. Other Soweto museums that recount the struggle to end segregation include the somber Apartheid Museum and Constitution Hill, a former prison complex.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Entebbe International Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
Departure from Entebbe to Johannesburg
Half Day Jorburg City Tour
Have your breakfast at the hotel and prepare for pick up at 9:30 am.
Discover the city center of Johannesburg whose geometrical deign bring Manhattan island to mind, Prepare yourself to have a memorable experience as you discover South Africa’s top tourist sites which includes;
- Constitutional hill human rights precinct
- 11 Katze Street
- The old fort & number 4 cell
- The constitutional court
- Carlton center
- 150 Commission Street
- Panoramic view of Johannesburg down town.
Drop off to the hotel, overnight stay at the hotel.
Full Day Soweto Tour
Visit the apartheid museum, the first of its kind which is a superb example of design, space and landscape offering the international community.
- The Northern park way and gold reef road, Rigina Mundi church and the Soweto Township.
- Mandela house, where nelson Mandela lived until he was forced underground in 1961.
- Hector Pieterson museum; it commemorates the role of the country’s students in the struggle against apartheid.
Full Day at Leisure
Overnight stay at the hotel.
Breakfast served at the hotel in the morning.
Hotel check out.
Airport transfer from the hotel to the airport and return to Entebbe international airport.
Airport drop off from the hotel.